Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tuned Radio Frequency Receiver project problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GURMEET singh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am thinking about making a project viz. TRF receiver.I have read a lot about TRF receiver.But i dont know about the internal circuitary of RF amplifiers,Mixiers,Local oscillators and If amplifiers and How to select the exact Henries and Farads of Inductors and capacitors used in Band pass filters ....
Please help....

1. You need to know what frequency you want to receive, to get the tuning of the circuits.
2. Use google to search for "trf receivers" all sorts there. ( www.google.com)
3. Goto WWW.WICKIPEDIA.ORG and search for receivers because you do not seem to know much about them.
Frank

I have already searched on google and wikipedia but not getting the exact deaigns.And i want to receive 88-108 MHZ signals....

88MHz to 108MHz is for the FM broadcast band. No FM radios are TRF type, instead they are mostly super heterodyne type, although there are a few extremely simple Mickey Mouse super-regenerative radio receivers that are actually AM receivers that are tuned to one side of an FM radio station to decode the FM using "slope detection".

You need to learn about the basics of radio circuits.

Providing you can do with mono, there is a type of FM receiver with a "zero" frequency IF frequency with a pulse counting detector. This type of receiver can be stable and reasonabley sensitive with only a couple of coils to make.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.