Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tsmc 40nm (minimum size)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosaeidi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Does anyone work with "tsmc 40nm Mixed Signal RF"?
The tables of this tech files shows that the minimum possible size of its transistors is 0.6um!!!

What does it mean?

I need a 40nm tech file for SRAM cell design? How can I use this tech file?

The tables of this tech files shows that the minimum possible size of its transistors is 0.6um!!!

What does it mean?

0.6um is the minimum layout size of the width and/or length of the transistor particularly the gate part of the transistor.

I have designed my circuit with the width of 60nm, however the minimum size of this tech file is 600nm!
I have a 90nm tech file with the minimum size of 120nm. Why the minimum size of 45nm tech file is 600nm!

As fredd said. If you have 90nm process it means there is the smallest gate of transistor with this length (90nm). It doesn't mean that every transistor in this technology must have this minimum length! No way sir.

The minimum size of tsmc 45nm tech file is 600nm!
Not surprising?

Not at all.
Is that 600nm common one or any special one? Has this tsmc 45nm any optional masks?
Usually the smallest transistor is Low Voltage and it requires a special mask pretty often .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back