Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSMC .18um simulation with Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibl01

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tsmc spice model

I am testing one of my old ADC design with tsmc .18um technology. Since my school doesn't have TSMC .18um design kit right now. So I use the measure model file from MOSIS together with Hspice :

**broken link removed**

My question is about how to estimate AS/PS/AD/PS given W and L? Maybe someone could upload some reference materail from TSMC. Thanks.

I wonder whether I can use ACM /HDIF /GEO to automatically calculate above values.

tsmc model file

My experience:

You needn't care about AS, AD, PS, PD.
let them empty. and the simulation resoluts is correct.

tsmc spice model

Well,

AS/AD/PS/PD is needed if option CALCACM is used...
Please also refer to tsxx spice model file.

New parameter "CALCACM" is added in the H97.4.1
* In H97.2 & H97.4, the default values of AS/AD and PS/PD are zero when BSIM3v3.1
* model with ACM=12 is used. This results in zero junction capacitance and incorrect
* junction leakage current, if AS/AD and PS/PD are not specified in the netlist. In
* H97.4.1, with CALCACM > 0, the default calculation of AS/AD and PS/PD will be
* calculated using HDIF, if AS/AD and PS/PD are not specified in the netlist.However
* with CALCACM=0, the default is zero for AS/AD and PS/PD.

How to well define those?? I have no idea.... :(
It can be accomplished by doing try and error plus a certain experience, or ask layout to have Layout Parasitic Extraction (LPE) for you.
Of course, you have to put efforts to back annotate it...
The easiest way to do is assume larger ones instead... :p

hspice model tsmc

shiowjyh said:
Well,

AS/AD/PS/PD is needed if option CALCACM is used...
Please also refer to tsxx spice model file.

New parameter "CALCACM" is added in the H97.4.1
* In H97.2 & H97.4, the default values of AS/AD and PS/PD are zero when BSIM3v3.1
* model with ACM=12 is used. This results in zero junction capacitance and incorrect
* junction leakage current, if AS/AD and PS/PD are not specified in the netlist. In
* H97.4.1, with CALCACM > 0, the default calculation of AS/AD and PS/PD will be
* calculated using HDIF, if AS/AD and PS/PD are not specified in the netlist.However
* with CALCACM=0, the default is zero for AS/AD and PS/PD.

How to well define those?? I have no idea.... :(
It can be accomplished by doing try and error plus a certain experience, or ask layout to have Layout Parasitic Extraction (LPE) for you.
Of course, you have to put efforts to back annotate it...
The easiest way to do is assume larger ones instead... :p

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have access to tsmc .18 design kit right now. In the hspice model released by MOSIS, none of ACM, HDIF or CALCACM is used. I wonder whether it is the same case for Hspice model in TSMC design kit.

spice tsmc model.txt

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have access to tsmc .18 design kit right now. In the hspice model released by MOSIS, none of ACM, HDIF or CALCACM is used. I wonder whether it is the same case for Hspice model in TSMC design kit.[/quote]

TSMx 0.18um logic spice model

* PROCESS : 0.18um LOGIC SALICIDE (1P6M, 1.8V/3.3V)
* MODEL : BSIM3 ( V3.2 )
* DOC. NO.: T-018-LO-SP-001
* VERSION : 2.0
* DATE : Feb. 12, 2004
* HSPICE VERSION : H98.2 & H98.4

That means, it supports.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back