Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSMC 0.35um ESD Size ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewiz

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mingkerdou

For the Power-rail ESD Clamp circuit(made by R,Moscap, PMOS,NMOS) for the LNA design, I can not find the paper about the size.

I am so wondering the size of the Clamp circuit(TSMC 0.35um Process).

Thank

Chris

tsmc 0.35um esd

The RC decided the time you want to discharge the voltage.
And the last NMOS should be very big for the voltage you want discharge.
You can decide the size by simulation.

tsmc 0.35 esd

Hi whitewiz

Seems like you don't quite understand the ESD triggering using this approach. In order to be safer,
I suggest you to replace the final transistor to an NMOS transistor with gate connected to Vb, which is then a typical RC gate coupled structure for you to be more familiar with the basics first. Otherwise, you may fail finally in real silicon.
RC time constant should be not small to have enough discharge time for ESD, however, not too long to have inefficient power recycling during power on/off and hurts PAD layout area too much

What kind of simulation do I need to run and see how much the time does my lna spend ? I am so wondering the textbook from RFIC(Lee) or Design of Analog CMOS IC(Razavi) does not mention about the detail and papers too.

Thank you for your reply

seanyang said:
The RC decided the time you want to discharge the voltage.
And the last NMOS should be very big for the voltage you want discharge.
You can decide the size by simulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you can see "ESD in silicon integrated circuit" book.
You can find your answer.

Check for this guy MingKerDou. He is a professional in ESD and I think he is already one of the very best in this field.
He has published numerous papers and patents and his design is more practical than other designers or researchers. The papers from this guy can help you

as i know the rc value is an experiential value.

Status
Not open for further replies.