Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to make a switch for 9v that is activated by only 1.5v

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMCI

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Trying to make a switch for 9v that is activated by only 1.5v. I've tried a few transistors that don't work. Is 1.5 volts not enough to activate them? Where can I find one that can?

Transistor Question

Are you trying to use a MOSFET? You can do it easily with a BJT. What is the source of your 1.5V, and how much current does the load draw?

Re: Transistor Question

I've got 1.35 volts coming from a cellular phone vibrating motor that needs to switch a 9 volt accessory on when activated. I'm having trouble finding something that will switch at such a low voltage. I appreciate the help.

Transistor Question

Maybe you need a bootstrap circuit to boost up the drive voltage

LMCI said:
I've got 1.35 volts coming from a cellular phone vibrating motor that needs to switch a 9 volt accessory on when activated. I'm having trouble finding something that will switch at such a low voltage. I appreciate the help.
I guess I'm paranoid, but I won't tell anyone how to activate something when a cell phone rings.

Trust me I'm not building an IED. My Dad who is almost deaf can't here his cell phone ring, and I'm trying to make it louder. The phone has such low voltage it can't operate a transistor.

LMCI said:
Trust me I'm not building an IED. My Dad who is almost deaf can't here his cell phone ring, and I'm trying to make it louder. The phone has such low voltage it can't operate a transistor.
OK, I'll suspend my paranoia. :)
What transistors have you tried, and how much current does your load draw? Also - where will the 9V come from?

I got it. Just needed a smaller transistor. No wonder why the terrorists are having such an easy time with it.

LMCI said:
I got it. Just needed a smaller transistor. No wonder why the terrorists are having such an easy time with it.
Please post your Dad's phone number so we can detonate your IED while you are delivering it. ;)

Its amazing how easy that was. I was in Bali in 2002 and it is incredible the destruction you can do with one of these. Wait till the terrorists in Iraq start spreading their skills through out the world. We are going to see a lot more of these in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back