Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trying to interface SIM900 to AVR micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi !

i want to send text msgs from my AVRmega micro, how easy or difficult it is to interface this module to my micro ?

does this module has all hardware built in and just needs to be programmed? does all local carrier SIM works on it like T-mobile, AT&T , Verizon etc ?

any guidance is highly apprciated.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

also the datasheet of this SIM900 module saying voltage between 3.4-4.5 V
but the userguide is saying to use an DC 5v 2.5A adaptor.
which one is true?

could you link your module vendor page?

the sim900 indeed works with 3.3V but barely no one works with it directly, but most people get a small development board that includes the SIM900, a 3.3V Regulator, a SIM socket and an antenna, you need to check if your board includes 3.3v to 5V data converter for tx & rx.

it's very easy to work with it if you have experience with modems and terminal commands (AT commands) and there are a lot of examples on the web...

about your carriers, I know that the sim900 is quad-band that makes it friendly with most operators on GSM around the world, check that your operators work with any of 850, 900, 1800 or 1900 MHz on 2G. If your carrier operates exclusively on 3G or LTE, then this module will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back