Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble with ELECTRA router

Status
Not open for further replies.

gompertz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I'm pretty new to PCB design and am getting slayed by the auto-router... not sure if this is an issue with ELECTRA but it seems like pretty reputable software... You can see in the image the bottom row of U11 isn't being routed to the right side of U1 on the first copper layer... any idea what would give? I've tried moving things all over for hours with no luck. It seems the first passes they are routed then when it does some sort of optimizations they get unconnected. I have the 2nd layer as a grounding plane and the third layer as a small 3.3V plane...4th layer for more trace/vias. not sure if this is an okay ordering; but doubt it's the issue (?).. anyways any help/suggestions are welcome. Thanks a lot!
board.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back