Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble Installing ADS2002 on Windows 7 (XP Virtual Machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Phillips

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently purchased a new notebook computer running Windows 7 Pro and have been unsuccessful in trying to get my ADS2002 to run on it. I have installed it on a Microsoft XP virtual machine (VM).

Has anyone been able to do this successfully?

ADS installs just fine on the VM. It also seems to find and accept the license (node locked, not floating), but it isn't reading the HostID from the USB dongle. I have used a utility which correctly reads the HostID from the VM, but ADS seems unable to.

My ADS originally came with a printer port dongle. Later, Agilent graciously provided me with a USB one. I have been successfully using that for several years on an older notebook running Windows XP, but that notebook is about to wear out.

Suggestions? My research on line hasn't gotten me there yet, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back