Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triple well Technology ASUB/VTUB vs Local connect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgk2004

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have a question about layout best practices and if you have any issues one vs the other. Lets start with an example. I have just a sample, inverter, since NMOS and PMOS are there I can learn the new technology Layouts for DRC/LVS/ERC with nothing complicated. Now when looking at other triple well technologies, sometimes the Pcells have a TW and SUB pin. This technology I am using now does not. So normally each block I always had a VTUB and ASUB pin which I needed for the devices, then to clear ERC, I needed to correctly connect the tubs/wells/sub. Now in this technology, I could just connect up the SUB to VSS and VTUB to VDD locally and not pump it around my design, but do I want to do that? Isn't it better for noise isolation if I carry this VTUB all the way to top and connect directly to top level power routing? Also, with my ASUB, I would carry this all the way to VSS power rail right? Doesn't this create better noise isolation? Do I have to worry about poor connections to VTUB/ASUB which can result in PN diodes being forward biased during glitch events? I am just wondering, why sometimes, people say just connect locally your ASUB VTUB within a cell, while others like having them have their own pins, then a top level or chip top level, they then connect them.... Maybe its better for LVS at top level? I am wondering what are the tradeoffs here..

Kind Regards,
JGK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back