Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trigger from NUC to arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electonics_knowledge

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am communicating arduino with NUC for that I am using serial communication. In my project arduino has dependency on other devices I have given delayed start to arduino.

My problem is - currently I have given 10 seconds delay to turn ON arduino and after 15 more seconds I have turned ON other devices. NUC takes 20 seconds to turn ON I have randomly takes 20 seconds to turn ON my system. But if in case because of any reason NUC takes more time to turn ON this will fail.

My actual program in NUC will start 20 seconds after NUC turns ON so I can actually turn ON my entire system after 40 seconds. For this I can detect serial signal from NUC which can be sent to arduino and arduino can turn ON other devices after that. But what happens - arduino gets reset whenever serial connection is detected so other devices will turn OFF.

Is there any other way to take trigger from NUC or I can maintain arduino. Like currently I am using arduino 5v to timer so other devices are turning ON after some delay. I cannot use any arduino pin to give supply to timer because whenever arduino resets pins goes HIGH to LOW and other devices will be OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.