Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

triac circuit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a triac circuit as shown in figure. The voltage comes to triac and then goes to a relay's open contact then to the load(a 3A single phase ac motor). I first open relay and then trigger the triac but as soon as i open the relay even the triac is in off state, the load gets some voltage for a very brief of time period and then it stops. How can i prevent this? How the voltage travels accross the triac? Through snubber? What are your opininions? Thanks.

Attachments

• triac.jpg
    triac.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 78

The image you attached is with a poor quality, not possible to identify components.

+++

I have a triac circuit as shown in figure. The voltage comes to triac and then goes to a relay's open contact then to the load(a 3A single phase ac motor). I first open relay and then trigger the triac but as soon as i open the relay even the triac is in off state, the load gets some voltage for a very brief of time period and then it stops. How can i prevent this? How the voltage travels accross the triac? Through snubber? What are your opininions? Thanks.

Remove connection between capacitor 100nF/630V and gate of triac, link only goes to neutral-relay side. Add resistor 10K between gate and neutral-relay. Try to increase 1,2K to 2,2K.

Reactions: seyyah

seyyah

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
100nF/630V is not connected to the gate the triac. Anyway i connect one side of the 100nF/630V to the load side instead of triac's main T1 (or relay's COM) terminal. Now that the capacitor is always online, the problem seems to gone. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back