Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trasmiting wireless audio/video to a Raspberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwnis123

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to transmit wireless audio/video from a camera module to a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ inside a house. So a distance around 50m with walls between. What RF/Wireless modules should I use for this operation?

Thank you.

Hello,

I want to transmit wireless audio/video from a camera module to a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ inside a house. So a distance around 50m with walls between. What RF/Wireless modules should I use for this operation?

Thank you.

You can use wifi. I don't remember if there is a built-in wifi module inside Pi 3B+ but you can always use USB wifi dongle.

So a distance around 50m with walls between

The distance may be an issue since the built-in Wifi circuitry of RPI3 do not have conector for pluging external antenna.

The distance may be an issue since the built-in Wifi circuitry of RPI3 do not have conector for pluging external antenna.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I have seen simple (and cheap) usb wifi sticks with RP-SMA connectors and such a wifi adapter could be used. I am sure than one can get an adapter which has got drivers build-in into linux kernel.

Perhaps dealing with a cheap wi-fi wall repeater would be easiest to deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.