Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitting BER vs Eb/No values from PHY to MAC layer in Cross Layer Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarakapraveen

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing project on Cross Layer Design .In this I am implementing physical Layer work using MIMO OFDM.
Main aim is to send the applications depends on the Channel Conditions by considering the QoS parameters.

I want to transmit BER vs Eb/No values from PHY to MAC layer .Is it possible?If so How is it possible?

Thanks in Advance

Cross Layer Design?

Well....as far as I know these parameters BER and Eb/No are in physical layer.......If you want to see the impact of cross-layer design you should look for a common parameter between PHY and MAC layers...like the capacity, spectral efficency and total throghput.

Re: Cross Layer Design?

hi thanks for ur reply.

Is it possible to give the data i.e BER and Eb/No to the Input of Network Simulator.

If so plz give the suggestions How to give our datafile to the NS2 input?

Thanks In advance
PraveenGoud

Cross Layer Design?

I think you can.....but I don't know how to do it in NS2..sorry man

Best Regards,

Re: Cross Layer Design?

the basic answer you need to have is what is cross layer design?
cross layer design is new methodology which is suitable for wireless channels due to their inherent properties of fading, interference etc. the tasks allocated to each layers remain the same but the algorithm or protocol whihc is designed is tested over the whole protocol suite.
ur basic question of transferring BER to MAC is quite pathetic.
u know the layered approach just facilitates in task assignment and cross layer design just means multilayer design in contrast to layered design.
bye
hope, it be of some value to u.

Status
Not open for further replies.