Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transmission and reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If you have any circuit about transmission and reciever which cover long distance( as first floor of building to 5th floor of the same building )

Hi,

could you please clarify your need....

incomplete question?

HI BUDDY !

Basically i want to make a security system so i urgent need a circuit with its

explanation ( I mean crt with high range frequency i think which can cover long distance transmission)

You want to stucture a systerm that contain transmitter and receiver? That is a large project, and is not one people can complete.

Added after 3 minutes:

You can reference bluetooth system.

guorui said:
You want to stucture a systerm that contain transmitter and receiver? That is a large project, and is not one people can complete.

Added after 3 minutes:

You can reference bluetooth system.
hi it is small disance. like earth to moon is the example for large disance.
you can use fm ransmitter and receiver.

smith123 said:
HI BUDDY !

Basically i want to make a security system so i urgent need a circuit with its

explanation ( I mean crt with high range frequency i think which can cover long distance transmission)

U can use FM transmission, as it is of short range, frequency licensing should not be a problem. This project wont take much of ur time and money, with some 50 components u can design both transmitter and receiver. u'll get hell number of circuits in net. As u have to use it for security purpose hope u got to send some digital data..once again there are readymade digital trasmitter and receiver available in market..u can use that very well...hope that helps...

if u need more help do contact me...

smith123 said:
as first floor of building to 5th floor of the same building

FM could do it. If it is same building you could try transmitting data over power lines...

I think that you can make it different ways of approaching this:

-As stated before, if it is in the same building, you can use the power line to transmit data. Search the net for X10 transmissions. At microchip they have sone design notes about this.

-The radio approach (as stated before also): Could be easier to implement (or not), it depends on what you want to spend. There are kits of trasmitter and receiver for this with are arround 20 euros or less each. These kits you can connect it to a microcontroller and send the data. You can also make this by yourself, but I don't recommend it, because tunning is could be difficult.

-Other method could be ultrasounds, but I am not sure what distance could it cover.

Pardon my poor english, I'm spanish.
Hope this helped you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back