Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weees

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

My name is Dragos.I am beginner in simulation S.P.I.C.E.. and I use the simulator Micro-CAP 12, to simulate an electric schematic.
I want to simulate the phototransistor PIN InGaAs IG17-series and to monitor grafically the rectangular electrical impulse, at an amplitude of a few volts generated by the photodiode depending on a period of time in ns.
Please give me any advice.I do not know how to begin. I will attach a picture with the electric schematic.

BAM_BAM.PNG

Thank you for understanding,
Dragos.

Photo-diode cannot be simulated in SPICE because the Input of the diode is luminescence only so SPICE cannot handle this.
Replace photodiode with an equivalent pulse generator then observe the output.

Your schematic would be much clearer if you turn off the grid and make the parts closer together so that the text is larger. More contrast would also look better.

Attachments

• shematic.png
    shematic.png
    201 KB · Views: 89

I have done a lot of photoeffects analysis in SPICE.
Not gonna say what for, in an international forum.

Model the illumination and photoelectric conversion
by a current source from collector to base, scaled
appropriately to the conversion efficiency (a known
source and a collector current measurement with
measured hFE @ various Ic points taken beforehand).
You can then get the "effective base current" for the
applied illumination, or a transfer curve if you do the
work.

Photo-diode cannot be simulated in SPICE because the Input of the diode is luminescence only so SPICE cannot handle this.
Replace photodiode with an equivalent pulse generator then observe the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.