Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor stabilisation at low frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

inass57

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to design a LNA using the NXP transistor BFU730f, howerver i've been stuck for days trying to stabilize it at low frequencies. i've tried the basic stabilizing circuits, while i was able to stabilize it with some, it either incresed the NFmin or decreased the max gain.

The specification for my LNA are NF=1.5 and G=13dB so i need the NFmin to be at least 1.2 and Gmax=14.
the frequency of interest is 9.35GHz but i need the transistor to be inconditionally stable.

Can u please suggest anything else i can try.

Thank you in advance.

LNA circuit.PNGResults.PNG

Plot the Input and Output Stability Circles and place some resistances either at Input or Output ( maybe both ) to push out the circles out of Smith Chart.
Applying a series/parallel feedback may be a solution.There are many options to push out these circles, play around and find yourself.

C4 is way too small. AND you have no bypass capacitor across the 4V supply, like where you should have a 1000 pf in parallel with a .1 uf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back