Status
Not open for further replies.

waqaryounas

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lets say if transistor has time period of 20ns then we can say that it can transfer 50Mbits/s when used as a switch, right? Is it?

speed of transistor

What do you mean by time period?

speed transistor

Hi there,
Every transistor has a rise time (Tr) and a fall time (Tf). You cannot use a signal with a frequency that has a period (frequency = 1/period) smaller than the sum of these times. The datasheet usually give directly the frequency(Hz) the transistor can operate on.

To answer your question 20ns period = 50Mhz frequency.

Regards

Nic

power transistor speed

your question is not clear.
1)switching is dependent to f and power is dependent to f ,maybe your transistor can't do it because switching has losses thus power is an important factor because transistor has a max power can bear.
2)the datasheet give a transfer frequency(Ft) and means that this frequncy is the max frequncy that transistor can act as amplifier but in practical circuit this is true for Ft/3

what is the speed of transister

Actually I want to modulate the data on laser and for that I need a fast switching transistor. So I wanna know how many number of bits I can transfer by the switching of transistor if it has total time period of 20ns...I know the frequency I get is 50MHz...but is the bit rate 50Mbits/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…