Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Sizing for given fan out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xstal

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I want to learn how to size my inverter (or a nand gate) for a fan out of 4. i.e my gate has to drive 4 similar gates. I know how to size the transistors of a given gate for equal drive capability(i.e equal drive of pull up and pull down networks). Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

what is the prob it is after all cmos to cmos.
use one pmos as pullup that will increaes the fanout capability.
but at this time i isnt calculate the size but it should be little big than other.

u can refer to this book
Logical Effort: Designing Fast CMOS Circuits (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)

Hello Rakesh,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please upload soft copy of the book if you have it? Please tell me where can I get the soft copy of the book from?

Thanks,

u can try looking at rabaey....a very gud explanation and derivation is given in it....

stage 1 W/L = X . stage 2 W/L=3X

0.25 0.35 Logic Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back