Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] transistor for lna at 11Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

eladg

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello i need to design "THE LNA" at 11GHz. The noise fugure should be less then 0.65 dB at room Temp.
i look at 3 atransistors "mgf4941al" "atf360772a" and "nec 32484a" . are there more transistor that i can "play with" ?
I look at lna that are on my roof for sat. it writen there n.f. =0.2 dB !! is there way to design those kind of lna, or thay Measure it after drinking a Bottle of vodka ?

best regards Elad

hello i need to design "THE LNA" at 11GHz. The noise fugure should be less then 0.65 dB at room Temp.
i look at 3 atransistors "mgf4941al" "atf360772a" and "nec 32484a" . are there more transistor that i can "play with" ?
I look at lna that are on my roof for sat. it writen there n.f. =0.2 dB !! is there way to design those kind of lna, or thay Measure it after drinking a Bottle of vodka ?

best regards Elad

I don't think that exist on the market a stand alone transistor with noise figure lower than 0.3dB at 11GHz.
You are right about noise figure of LNBs for satellite receivers. I've seen a 10 bucks Chinese satellite LNB claiming 0.1dB NF, which I think it's pure marketing strategy. Or better saying, cheating with customers.

What's the gain required? If gain is high, then NF maybe decreased.
Japan transistor is good for very good yield results.

Reactions: eladg

eladg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.