Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transimpedance amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionelgreenstreet

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have another question....
i should design as homework a transimpedance amplifier for a photodiode: i can choose any application, but i haven't find any useful (and simpler) application. I
thought about a gas sensor, but seems difficult because the time between radiation absorption and reemission is very little: so i have no much time to calculate radiation absorbed by gas...No one can help me to find an application?
Thanks and excuse me for all these questions

For me, I must design a CTIA (Capacitive TransIpedance Amplifier) with two capacitors switched feedback for a pixel.

lionelgreenstreet said:
I have another question....
i should design as homework a transimpedance amplifier for a photodiode: i can choose any application, but i haven't find any useful (and simpler) application...No one can help me to find an application?

Since the transimpedance amp is a unit which converts a current into a voltage it is useful for any (small) signal source which delivers a current.
1.) So I propose to you to look for any sensor which produces a current,
2.) Another application is to convert the output of an OTA (which is a current) into a voltage. This leads to rather interesting circuits (integrator or lowpass with time constans which can be controlled via OTA)
Regards

Hallo,

Transimpedance amplifiers converts input current into voltage. the amin applications are cd, dvd, blu-ray, in which the reflected light intensity from the disc should be converted into output voltage.

there are many specific applications such as optical recievers

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.