ohm77

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transformer connected to pumped turbine

Hi everybody,

I want to connect a transformer to a turbine which generate 50MW, which kind of transformer I have to use for this application ?
In an other way, the only think that I know, is that my source generate 50 MW, and I have to use a transformer that goes with.

thank you for your help

that depends on the application... if going to transmit for a long distance surely has to use step up transformer that boost voltage... this is because for transmission high voltage is used and then will using the power there must be a step down transformer should be used to connect the appliances and load... your question is not clear and very few data is available... this i replied with what i understand....

Most mains supplies are generated at 22KV in an alternator cooled by liquid hydrogen. If you try and generate at a higher voltage, you have no room for all the windings in the casing and the cooling fails to get to them. Then as said you transform the generator voltage to a convenient level for transmission, 33/66/132 KV.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.