Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformer connected to pumped turine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohm77

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transformer connected to pumped turbine

Hi everybody,

I want to connect a transformer to a turbine which generate 50MW, which kind of transformer I have to use for this application ?
In an other way, the only think that I know, is that my source generate 50 MW, and I have to use a transformer that goes with.

thank you for your help

that depends on the application... if going to transmit for a long distance surely has to use step up transformer that boost voltage... this is because for transmission high voltage is used and then will using the power there must be a step down transformer should be used to connect the appliances and load... your question is not clear and very few data is available... this i replied with what i understand....

Most mains supplies are generated at 22KV in an alternator cooled by liquid hydrogen. If you try and generate at a higher voltage, you have no room for all the windings in the casing and the cooling fails to get to them. Then as said you transform the generator voltage to a convenient level for transmission, 33/66/132 KV.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.