Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transferring from clock domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see the first post in this thread. There the question was stated. Here the difference in phases between the clocks is not fixed or defined and hence can vary from time to time. Do you think that no solution is required in this case? Please see my next thread titled safely passing data.

i am not sure a single clock source will generate 2 clocks with same frequency with unknown phase relationship.

even such source is there use only one clock from that source for both the blocks that are exchanging data, instead of synchronizing the data paths between the blocks.

In general for 2 clocks of same frequency but unknown phase relationship, i think 2 flop synchronizer is sufficient for data paths between the blocks

On my previous post
think, No need of a synchronization circuit between the paths of two designs. If same 'Clk' is used by two designs(blocks), as Clk1 for one design(block1) and as Clk2 for other design(block2). then No need of a synchronization circuit between the paths of two designs(block1 & block2). Clk1 & Clk2 are same frequency as 'Clk'. the phase diff between Clk1 & Clk2 are diff in clock distribution delay(Clock Skew). generally tools will take care of 'Clock Skew'. you can also control by controlling blocks placement.

I consider phase diff due to clock skew of single clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back