Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transfer files in spi/uart mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

_cris

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

i`m working with a platform wich has to transmitt and receive file. Scenario is the following:

in the platform there is a micro (Blackfin DSP) and ZigBit module (atmel module with a transceiver inside): micro`s pins i used to communicate are the ones belong at SPI PORT, instead for ZIGBIT i use UART PORT, between them there is a spi/uart converter (MAX3100).

I have to transfer a file (usually the size is 100k) from my pc, where is connected an other device wich transmitts by zigbee to my platform.

During transfering the communication is stopped by micro and i can`t understand why....
the opposite transfering (micro to pc) works really well!!

I think the problem is with temporization between spi protocol and uart protocol when the file to receive is so long.....is it possible????

please, let me know some suggestions!!!

thank you to everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back