Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tran simulation about op point problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyocean

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, there
I am running a tran sim of an opamp in ADE, environment is set up as followed:
a small ac signal 100uV biased with a dc voltage is added at positive input, a same dc voltage is added at negative input. The single output's dc operating point is changing down slightly at the beginning of tran sim, then keep stable.
Maybe it's a simple question but my analysis ability is limited,so pls help me
thank you all

mightyocean said:
a small ac signal 100uV biased with a dc voltage is added at positive input, a same dc voltage is added at negative input. The single output's dc operating point is changing down slightly at the beginning of tran sim, then keep stable.

Is there no feedback around your opamp ?

it's a two-stage opamp, feedback is between the output and the first stgae
you mean connect the negative node to the output?

mightyocean said:
it's a two-stage opamp, feedback is between the output and the first stgae
you mean connect the negative node to the output?

Yes, that´s what I mean.
What is the overall gain of your amplifier ?
Normally, an opamp has a very high gain (at least 80 dB) which makes negative feedback necessary in order to avoid output saturation due to offset voltages.

about 90dB. That means my tran sim configuration is wrong?
If connect it as a source follower, the output surely follows the input, then it won't get a ramp figure, is my understanding right?

mightyocean said:
about 90dB. That means my tran sim configuration is wrong?
If connect it as a source follower, the output surely follows the input, then it won't get a ramp figure, is my understanding right?

I have no information about your tran configuration (power supply, bias, feedback, input/output operaing point,....). Do you really speak about a "classical" opamp (because you mentioned "source follower") ?

Status
Not open for further replies.