Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Traces drift on an used Tektronix 2430A

Status
Not open for further replies.

auato

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi mates!

Look at this (the first 15 seconds of video = summary of all problems)

Why? Give me a hint where to start my troubleshooting. Power supplies seem to be in the ranges.

bye
auato

As the amount of drift stays the same when the input attenuator is changed, it would point to a fault in the deflection stages. I've never seen one do that before though!

I would suggest the best place to seek help is the Yahoo Tek support group. It's a busy group and full of experts on 24xx series scopes, I'm sure someone there would tell you exactly where the fault lies.

Brian.

Auato---I had the same "Trace Drift" problem, but only on channel #2.

I wildly and quickly rotated the Vertical Position knob back and forth, making sure to engage the spring loaded detent on each CW and CCw rotation of the position knob.

I did this about 20 times and the Vertical position adjustment stabalized and started working again.

I just discovered this and can't be sure that it is a long term fix, but for now, mine is working again.

I assume(?) the spring loaded detent, on either side of the knob's free movement, enguages a "switch" that allows an internal ckt, to provide pulses for the "Vertical Position"/ data word, for that channel's "Vertical Position".

I suspect the switch had oxidized contacts from setting and not being used regularly?

I hope it works for you too.

Frank Hertel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back