halloween_man

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
determining conductor spacing for pcb

Hello,

I need clarification regarding conductor spacing on a PCB. I want to make a Relay PCB that will operate at up to 170VAC. The trace width will be .040", OD of the solder pads will be .070". The PCB treminal blocks I will be using have a pitch ot .1". Based on this I have a .030" spacing between the solder pads of the terminal block posts.

I have looked at the IPC-2221 Table 6-1. I will have solder mask on the board, I think it qualifies for the column B4 External Conductors Coated which only requires a clearence of .016".

Does solder mack qualify as a perm poly coating?

With tha above information can I use the .1" pcb terminal blocks without any problems regarding the voltage level I am dealing with?

Thank you,

Ron

what is external trace on pcb

Look on the section:

PCB Routing & Schematic Layout Software & Simulation.

This question has been asked there several times.

ipc-2221+pad+spacing

I think it qualifies for the column B4 External Conductors Coated
Are the pads coated? I won't expect this. I think, it's rather the category "External Component lead/termination, uncoated".

pcb pad trace

Hello,

Thank you, maybe someone can answer another question on this topis.

Is the column "External Component lead/termination, uncoated" good for above 10,000 feet (3050m)? Bare board calls out < 10K/3050m and > 10K/3050m.

Thank you,

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…