Topic on Analog IC Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion , you should select a filed ,such as RF , Data convert , PLL.
etc, and the RF is too difficutl if you have good models and software for design ,and the testing is diffiult too.
ADC such as sigma-delta is very interesting and many sigma-delta theory and circuit theory used in it.
PLL is used widely , such as RF , Digtila system etc, and the noise performance is the key problem ,how to simulate and make it low is a good topic.
Hope this is useful for you

First read some articles/papers (simple ones from IEEE -- early years) and get a feel of what options you have. Then when you like an area ... look into more detailed papers from IEEE and decide on a topic

Do research on wireless for analog design ( LNA , PLL , Power Amplifier , Mixer , etc)it is challeging and you will learn a lot

can give some guide or refrence about analog ic design or cmos ic design, custom ic design
tnx

what is the free download link??? I couldn't download anything because i have 0 points.

analog integrated circuit design(john-martin). Very nice book

I am also starting a research at the university on analog integrated circuit design (power amplifiers)

prof. give you freedom ,you can do what you like, but it may be too difficlty. i suggest RF ic design ,if you like
good luck

hi, hawk
where is "the art of analog design" ebook

I can not find it,
can you help me? thanks in advance

As a beginner, U can do some easy circuits,such as amplier, bandgap reference.U should make u be interested in this topic.It is important.

Classical circuit such as 2 stage amplifier is a good start. Especially if u have some book with step by step explaination, it would help a lot in the learning process. John & Martin book is good~!!!

u may focus on the PLL od AD/DA

there are some good and interesting topics in analog ic design.

latch up
matching
shielding
crosstalk

Here are the big topics:

Data converter,
Filter,
PLL or Oscillator

Basic topics:
AMPLIFIER(norrow band/wide band), Current/Voltage Reference

there are so many aspects .

you can refer to them and find the intersts

You can learn much about PLL or AD/DA since you have a background of digital circuit!

razavi or allen good books for you to get a feeling about analog ic design

uncle_urfi said:
For a digital IC designer, a challenging topic would be to model the inductance of the interconnects which is a pretty hot topic.

For starters,

h**p://www-mtl.mit.edu/research/icsystems/pubs/theses/thesis_pps.pdf

the above url is not opening....I also have checked with (.) in place of (-) after **broken link removed**.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…