Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

to get the exact envelope of the 40khz signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

24+

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i want the exact envelope of the 40khz signal . i am using low pass filter but i am not getting the signal clearly. suggest me a solution. you can see the attachment.
thanks

Hi,

You can get a pretty good result using a low pass filter followed by a Schmitt trigger to generate clean logic transitions. Select the cutoff frequency of the LPF so that the resulting 40 kHz ripple has a low enough amplitude to prevent the Schmitt trigger from switching.

I don't know what the amplitude of your signal is, so I just picked some values and did a small simulation as an example.

Regards,
Chris

The shown waveform can't be related to a low-pass filter response. There's obviously something wrong with your circuit.

I would have thought you should be using a peak detect circuit not a low pass filter. You need rectification.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back