Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TL071 Negative power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I'm trying to build an amp and right now working with a TL071 chip - the problem I'm facing is, how to give the chip a negative power supply....I know how to do this physically, but how do I show this on for example a circuit diagram?

I want to create a PCB (using Proteus) for this later on, and right now I have the positive power to pin 7 as +9V and I want the negative power to pin 4 be -9V.

how exactly do I show negative power supply on a circuit diagram? What components do I need to create the negative power supply for the chip?

The + power supply will come from a PP3 battery.

cheers

A 7660 switched capacitor voltage converter can do, if the circuit can work with a rail-to-rail OP, it's the easier variant.

I've never used one of those :sad: I'll read up on it...but is there another way to do this?

. . . . is there another way to do this?
Yes.
You could use 2 separate 9volt batteries. One for the positive supply and one for the negative supply.
You could change the circuit to operate off half the voltages (i.e. plus 4.5volts and minus 4.5volts)
You could use a higher voltage power supply (eg 18 volts to give +9 and -9 or 12 volts to give +6 and -6)

Status
Not open for further replies.