Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TJA1050 CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissan23

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! First post here.

I have a question regarding a(ny) CAN transceiver. Take TJA1050 as an example;
If just powering the board up with nothing connected on Tx or Rx pins , what will be seen on CAN H/L Pins? I assume nothing?….

My goal is to find a module, such as when just being powered up, some CAN messages will be transmitted on the bus.

To explain, I work as a automotive trainer, and since I don’t know how to manipulate a module to send corrupted messages, I want to simulate a vehicle module being faulty when powered up by power up a separate module (TJA1050?) at the same, provided this module will create a disturbance on the bus.

Any suggestions how to simulate this fault?🤩

Thanks.

Hi,
I assume nothing?….
There is no "nothing". It's either HIGH, LOW, HIGH IMPEDANCE .... or something else.

I see the TxD has an internal pullup, thus it will see a HIGH when unconnected.
RxD is an output ...thus it will not change anything if you connect something or leave unconnected.

For sure TJA1050 is not able to transmit any data on it's own.

You need to connect a microcontroller to it.
Then you may program the microcintroller to send out anything you want. Meaningful data packets or erroneous data.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back