Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tips for RF test fixture design

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrV

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Does somebody have experience in RF test fixture design, in microstrip, and can give some tips and tricks (mechanical and electromechanical).

Thanks.

Regards,
JrV

tests fixtures design basics

>> ... some tips and tricks (mechanical and electromechanical).

We would need to know some specifics of what you are testing. i.e. frequency, bandwidth, power.

test fixture design

Hello,

The idea is a design around 2GHz for model verification up to 5 harmonics. Power levels form 1 W up to 100W or higher (heating issues)

At the moment, I am playing with the TRL approach. Using a split block approach (similar as the Focus test fixtures).

The problem is that the impedance of the devices under test can have a low impedance, no pre-match. Here a solution can be Klopfenstein taper.

Tips are welcome

JrV

fixturedesign

At 2GHz you could take RF35 substrate to do your test fixture.
I did one in S band.

I guess you want to measure packaged transistor.
5 harmonics it's possible, but more should be hard.

I did a TRL test fixture on 50 ohms Zr. But you can do with lower, usually 7 ohm, depends on the package used.

Status
Not open for further replies.