Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Tiny Pic bootloader + Pic16F886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scolioza

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody.
I want to develop a small dev. board using PIC 16F886. Because I will use serial port a lot I was thinking to load into the PIC a bootloader to be able to program it using the same protocol. Since I have never used a bootloader I want you guys to help me.

I read a lot about bootloaders and I decided to use Tiny pic bootloader because is small and it seems to be very popular among pic developers.
But there are some things that I dont understand:

1. When I opened an bootloader asm file I saw that are some configuration bits settings. That settings are used only by bootloader? After the bootloader loads the program the CONFIG regs. will be rewritten by my program settings?

2.Can anyone give an example of CCS code that was loaded into pic using that bootloader? I dont know how to set the reset vector and the org.

3.Since my computer does not have a serial port can I use a CP2012 serial to ttl adapter?

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back