Not open for further replies.

srihari465

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Which MOSFET match better, one with a thin gate or a thickgate oxide?? Why?? Please explain in detail.

Thanks & Regards
Srihariii

If gate is very thin , then it could lead to leakage through gate. Higher electric field would lead to gate breakdown. If gate is thick , then it would effect formation of channel (accumulation of charge carriers ) i.e. electric field wouldn't penetrate easily. So as far as i feel , Thickness or thinness depends on technology i.e. channel length.

Correct me if i am wrong.

For analog design you usually always want to use the thin oxide devices, because thicker oxide device comes with longer min length that you could use, lower ft.

Always, process has thick gate and thin gate transistors to support high voltage/low voltage designs. In the ends, it depends on you.

Hi all thanx for all your responses...
But I read like thin gate should be used in preference to thick gate for better matching in the book Art of Analog layout by Alan Hasting Page No.442 4rt para. If someone knows the answer for this please reply.

Thanks & Regards
Srihariii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…