Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermocouple to 741 opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
in proteus if connect ground then ans gettin right but connect to -9V (-Vcc) ans getting wrong....
thats main thing

I had a laminator. Its motor got burned. When I opend it. I observed the temperature controller in it. A 741 IC and thermocouple was used. It had a temperature setting knob on front. I can say, 741 can work satisfactorily with thermocouple.

741 can work satisfactorily with thermocouple.
Maximum 741 offset voltage is in a range of 100 °C temperature error. A 741 TC amplifier will at least need offset adjustment. Due to the offset drift, it won't be suitable for accurate temperature measurements. So "satisfactorily" depends.

"satisfactorily" depends.

As cold junction compensation is not use in the application under discussion, an error of 30C-40 C should be expected under different atmospheric conditions. I once made a digital thermometer and control for a four stage compressor. Requirement was to be accurate within 5 degree C from 0-700C. It used TL07 front end and
lm35 for cold junction compensation. it was accurate within 2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.