Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermistor interfacing need a design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed5bradley

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What the teacher told us..

To whom it may concern:
I was wondering if anyone could help me out a little bit. I am a student at Louisiana tech University and we have been given an assignment to pick a sensor, an application that the sensor can work with, and design a simple circuit or interface that will have a Vout Max of 5v, and a Iout Max of 10mA. The Output of the circuit should go into some micro controller that the teacher said we should just suppose is a 40k resistor. What im asking from you is do you have an application and simple circuit that would meet the requirements he gave us for my choice which is the Ultra precision interchangeable thermistor? Or just know what i should do...I also have to know how to implement the thermistor with the application..

the link of the theremistor i have to use

http://www.ussensor.com/prod_inter_ultra.htm

Added after 11 minutes:

this is what the teacher gave me to do...

Design a circuit to provide an input to a microcontroller through an A/D input. Don't worry about the specifics of the A/D input except to know that normally its resistance is virtually infinite (no current draw) except when the microcontroller is sampling. Then the resistance looks like a 40K resistance. The maximum input voltage for the microcontroller is 5V and the maximum input current is 10mA. (Actually, if you keep the voltage below 5V, you won't have any problem with the current)

discuss the (fictional) application, the design for your sensor use and interface, and the accuracy of the temperature reading for an eight-bit A/D sample.[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back