Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermal mini printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hajeera

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone please give me the schematic diagram of pic16f877a microcontroller board that i should interface with thermal printer .please help me out its very urgent.

please can you send a serial number on the termal printer that you have.

hi..........this is the thermal printer i m planning to buy.........pls help me out pls.........
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Reactions: MRAMA

MRAMA

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Well, that is a generis serial POS printer. You need an uC (in your case 16f877), MAX 232, some resistors, capacitors, quartz oscillator, a compiler and a little bit of WILL to learn how stuff works.

hi..........i think i hav to use 2 serial ports one for PC and another for thermal printer.How can i do that .pls help me.

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

hi.........can u pls tel me how do i interface PC and thermal printer since i need 2serial ports on pic controller board.can u help me out with the schematic of pic16f877a microcontroller board.

is it not possible to use 2 serial port one for PC and another for thermal printer which will more easy i guess.........

it depends on application you are designing... if you connect printer to PIC then what data will PIC get and from where will it get.. Do you need to interface another serial device???

Go for other PIC controllers with 2 serial port that should solve your problem, or in that case any controller that has 2 UART's

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

877A has one UART so you need to switch the UART between 2 applications... it depends on your design

actually i should use only pic16f877a and i m taking the data to b printed from PC keyboard so i should interface pic controller with PC serial port also...........so how do i go about it

use a relay.. by default the serial port should be connected to PC.. and receive data from PC.. keep a array to store the incoming data...
and exit the serial communication from PC whenver you get some unique special character.. Once you get that character from PC, switch the relay to printer and send the data in the array to printer to print it...

after rpinting again switch back the realy to talk to PC

I don't get it :(
2 serial ports for using a serial printer?
It sounds like: type some text on your PC keyboard -> send it to PIC by means of a PC Serial port -> Pic to send the received data to printer via serial interface?

I think that the red marked portion of my prevoius sentence is "one step too many" in the printing chain.

You should just use one MAX232 on the printer side and connect your printer directly to your PC. As simple as that.

In an embedded enviroment I use PIC18F8722 with 2 serial ports to communicate with an serial printer (1200 bd) and with an ZigBit module (38400 bd)

Can someone pls suggest me a relay n where do i connect a relay in the below circuit to print the data got from the keyboard of a pc through serial port
**broken link removed**

can someone pls tel how to go about the software(programming) part for this project.
please help us soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.