Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermal Fuse Manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stenzer

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm repairing a coffee machine (Miele CVA 2660) where the thermal fuse mounted on-top of the hot-water heater has tripped (open). Does anyone know the manufacturer of the fuse shown in the attached picture?

IMG_20211231_175453.jpg

The writing on the package is:
Tf 184 °C
D181 PT US

BR

Hi,

thank you. Yes this might be the correct manufacturere as the logo looks like an M with a T in between (to me).

BR

I once replaced a blown thermal fuse in a fan. The replacement was from Radio Shack for a few dollars. They carried a few different temperature ranges.

I seem to recall choosing the next higher temperature above the original fuse rating, in hopes it would survive better.

Another major manufacturer is Cantherm. Consider that tripping of the thermal fuse usually indicates malfunction of the main thermostat, it should be checked and possibly repaired before replacing the fuse.

Hi,

the reason for the blown fuse was a malfunction of a NTC which is used to monitor the hot-water heater's temperature. The NTC failed open, consequently the hot-water heater got too hot. I assume this was some kind of "smooth" transition, I do not expect a heating of the hot-water heater in case of a broken sensor signal.

BR

Fitting products on distributor stock:

stenzer

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you,

I was already considering the linked thermo-fuse from Buerklin. Interesting thing is the rated maximum/overshoot - temperature. The Datasheet from Buerklin states a temperature of 210 °C, whereas the datasheet available at the manufacturers webpage [1] states 240 °C.

[1] https://asset.conrad.com/media10/ad...4-c-10-a-250-vac-o-x-l-4-mm-x-645-mm-1-st.pdf

BR
--- Updated ---

I figured out who is the manufacurere of the thermal fuse shown in the picture, it is Elmwood Sensors (now Honeywell). According to this document [1], the original fuse is rated for 16 A. So I will use a 16 A one as well [2], although a 10 A one should be sufficient (hot-water heater has a power rating of 1200 W).

The 16 A version provides a larger thermal safety range, by means of its maximum overshoot temperature of 350 °C.

[1] https://docs.rs-online.com/ec9a/0900766b80029806.pdf
[2] https://asset.conrad.com/media10/ad...4c-thermal-fuse-184-c-16-a-250-v-ac-1-pcs.pdf

BR

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back