Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The use of the SS or FF in differential comparator and OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakeen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SS or FF

I have a problem in the choice of Worst Case concerning the differential Comparator and the OTA design .
Can you tell me about the use of the SS or FF for these two designs.
Thanks.

Re: SS or FF

The question is not exactly clear. Can be more elaborate please?

Yakeen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
SS or FF

somtimes you need simulate with both type

Yakeen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
SS or FF

First, I am still designing both a comparator and OTA used in a pipeline ADC. Since I am doing all analyses regarding the design procedure of such circuits, I would like to know which simulation model (SS, FF, SF, FS of TSMC model) should I consider in my analyses concerning both OTA and comparator, so that to consider the worst case study?

You should consider all four cases in your simulations. The worst case corner will be the case that leads to the worst performance of your specs.

SS or FF

For worst case, you need to consider voltage and temperature's extreme also

SS or FF

also depend on which foundry you choose

SS or FF

We met a very strange situation in the post-sim of modulus divider, "SS" and "FF" was able to work very well, however, "TT" failed to work, what's wrong?

Mostly all the process corners are important. Sometimes when you are designing any current stages, FS and SF will be hit badly. So all the process corners are important.

Coming to the other question,
We met a very strange situation in the post-sim of modulus divider, "SS" and "FF" was able to work very well, however, "TT" failed to work, what's wrong?

I do not think things could go wrong in TT when SS and FF are fine. Try and run a statistical simulation and find out whether that is the case. Your fab should also have some statistical models.

annbyr said:

In this case, "TT" is the worst case. You need to debug your circuit in "TT" first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back