Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the race in digital circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowo1215

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
Anybody can help me to explain the sentence below, why this config can lead to race-free operation? Thanks.

"To ensure race-free operation, changes on TAP inputs (TMS and TDI) are clocked into the test logic defined by this standard on the rising edge of TCK while changes at the TAP output (TDO) occur on the falling edge of TCK"

from Pg20 of IEEE1149.1

wowo1215 said:
Hi All,
Anybody can help me to explain the sentence below, why this config can lead to race-free operation? Thanks.

"To ensure race-free operation, changes on TAP inputs (TMS and TDI) are clocked into the test logic defined by this standard on the rising edge of TCK while changes at the TAP output (TDO) occur on the falling edge of TCK"

from Pg20 of IEEE1149.1

Read this...

http://www.interfacebus.com/Logic_Design_Race_Conditions.html

-Sharon

Thanks, Sharon.
I know what cause a race,but the question is: why the method indicated can avoid race?

wowo1215 said:
Thanks, Sharon.
I know what cause a race,but the question is: why the method indicated can avoid race?

I think it is because there is a sufficient amount time for the inputs to settle down(TCLK/2) before the output voltage is allowed to change(after TCLK/2). i.e if all the inputs cannot arrive at the processing unit at the same time, u should not manipulate output with only few inputs.
i.e read everything -then process the output.

Let's wait for others' reply

wowo1215

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back