Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The operating principle of static and dynamic compartors

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_shiv

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Comparators

What is the operating principle of static and dynamic comparators? I want to understand their basic differences and the advantages of each. If anyone can help me it would be great. Any papers explaining it is welcome. Thanks.

Comparators

**broken link removed**

you can find enough materials.

Re: Comparators

renwl said:
h**p://kabuki.eecs.berkeley.edu/thesis.html#adc

you can find enough materials.

could you show me some others websit like the above of some famous university ?
thanks for your helpful website!

I have the following dynamic comparator circuit. Can someone please explain how it operates?
Thanks

In my opinion, it’s modified RS-latch. All the transistors have currents, which will improve the speed of the comparator at the cost of the power. The states of the output Vout+ or Vout- depends on the drain current.
If vin+ increases, so does the drain current of the left-part transistors, which will decrease the voltage of Vout-, at the same time, decreasing vin- will increase Vout+.

maybe, the speed of the dynamic comparator is high than that of the static comparator.

Comparators

you can refer to the paper on the JSSC 1995.
<< a 10b,20Msample/s 35 mW pipeline A/D converter>> by thomas byunghak cho.
there are phd thesis in the above website.

most of all, the dynamic one has less power. it's the basic advantage over the static one.

These papers must explain to you principles of building and design static and dynamic configurations

thank you for suhas_shiv's offer; and i have the same problem

Comparators

Hi all, thanks for the help. Now I want to simulate and see the working of the comparator. How to simulate, that is what input should I give? And what should the output be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back