Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The mystery behind wireless calls on mobile phones

gavinray

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The mystery behind wireless calls on mobile phones: How do built-in antennas enable communication?

Hello everyone!

As an indispensable tool in our daily life, the wireless calling of mobile phones allows us to keep in touch with friends and family anytime, anywhere. But, can someone explain in detail how communication is achieved through the built-in antenna in our phones?

I'm very curious about this process, and I hope someone with experience can answer it for me.

What radio frequency technology is used in mobile phone calls, such as GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G, etc.? How do these different technologies affect call quality and distance?

I would be very grateful if there are seniors who can share some practical cases or experiences with mobile communication technology. I want to better understand the technical principles behind mobile phone wireless calls through the understanding of actual cases.

Radio isn't exactly cutting-edge technology; there are many sources of information available and the basics haven't changed much since the 1940s, 50s (if not earlier).

What part of the communications system are you interested in knowing about? Specifically the antennas? If so, I would recommend taking a look at some basics: Antenna-Theory, or classic texts such as Balanis' Antenna Theory and Design.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back