Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The features of microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

firmware

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Everybody. Why you like the microcontroller ? What the microcontroller give you ?

Re: Microcontroller

A microcontroller is a single integrated circuit, commonly with the following features:

* central processing unit - ranging from small and simple 4-bit processors to sophisticated 32- or 64-bit processors
* input/output interfaces such as serial ports (UARTs)
* other serial communications interfaces like I²C, Serial Peripheral Interface and Controller Area Network for system interconnect
* peripherals such as timers and watchdog
* RAM for data storage
* ROM, EPROM, EEPROM or Flash memory for program storage
* clock generator - often an oscillator for a quartz timing crystal, resonator or RC circuit
* many include analog-to-digital converters

Above short description is copied here from Wikipedia The Free Encyclopedia.

Is it enough?

Regards.

because micro can control automatic system.

Microcontroller

it gives you every think you can imagin about automatic controlling,
just choose the right device, write the suitable code

i don know whether u have posted it for a real interest or just increasing poit. if u really want to know it, i would suggest u to move some website like:

www.Microchip.com
www.Arm.com
www.Atmel.com

u can get the real test of what microcontroller can do,just doing a search in google for some small project done using microcontroller.

As the name suggests, it is a micro controller.
which means it has small size,less weight an dyet it can work wonders.
Embedded programming can be used to achieve absolutely great automations and applications.
I am currently doing a microcontroller based project on automatic vacuum cleaners.
i have mentioned about this project in another topic in this section itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back