Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between transitional transformer and transmission line transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNA

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for a RF transformer for a 50ohm line to 200ohm input AGC @140MHz. There are so many choices of 1:4 transformers.

Can someone give me idea how to select them? What is the differences between transitional transformer and transmission line transformer? Thanks.

Attachments

• RF transformer.JPG
    RF transformer.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 123

Re: RF transfomers/balun

hi LNA, I have bought 50ohm to 50ohm from mini circuits and they have transformer for your requirements too. good luck

I'm looking for a RF transformer for a 50ohm line to 200ohm input AGC @140MHz. There are so many choices of 1:4 transformers.

Can someone give me idea how to select them? What is the differences between transitional transformer and transmission line transformer? Thanks.

I would suggest E. It fits your requirement.

If you will work at one single frequency, choose narrowband model which has closest center frequency to yours.
Insertion loss and Phase Balance will be better.

I would suggest E. It fits your requirement.
E seems a balanced to single-ended. Can I ground the balanced side to make it single-end to single-end. Then why not D?. What about the options F and up?

If you will work at one single frequency, choose narrowband model which has closest center frequency to yours.
Insertion loss and Phase Balance will be better.
The application is narrow band about 20MHz. I found even the narrowest one is with BW of 300MHz.

Is there any paper talking about pro and cons of different transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back