Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between Spice and ADS simulation tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxb97409

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,every body:

I am now designing a lc vco,but i am not familiar with the simulation tool SPICE AND ADS,could you explain the difference between them for me?Thank you!
Now i am in need of the book "The design of low noise oscillator",but i
am in China and it hasn't been pualished in China.So could anybody give me a link to download it?

Re: Hi,every body:

Try get an RFIC book like the one from Thomas Lee or Razavi. That should give you a start. Other questions will be answered when you have more knowledge in the subject area.

Try edonkey, emule and other P2P programs for downloading.

If you cannot get the book on VCO design, get the IEEE papers by the same author. They are almost as good.

hi uncle_urfi:
First thank for your answer!
I have already bought the book by Thomas LEE and some papers by him in IEEE.But i am not familiar with the practical inplementation of this.
Could you give some advice on how to design and simulate it practically
for me,especially the implementation of complementary cross-coupled lc
oscillator?

THANKS!
LXB97409

firstly the requested books consists of several papers from writers but in the form of a text book, so u can down load all of the papers from them related to the contents of the book!

for simulation there is a large difference between HSPICE and @ D S, with HSPICE u can simulate OSC. only by transient simulation and there is now phase noise value for it! but in @ D S and using HB simulation u can both simulate oscillators' waveforms and phase noise thus HSPICE is not recommended for u!

the method described in the book is very powerful and can explain and model flicker noise upconversion and other issues related to oscillators and is general BUT is not easy for simultion; u need several simulations to find the ISF or use approximation for that, the most accurate method for noise simulation is to use HB simulation in @ D S which is something like the Hajimiri's method and predicts both flicker noise upconversion and noise folding.

NOTE: use FM Noise to simulate low frequency noise and not relay on mixer noise mehod!

BEST!

Your problem seems vaguely defined. Are you not sure about how to use the tools, or do you not know how to design an oscillator? I think it is the former one since you don't seem to be sure about what technology you are using.

First you need access to a technology and if you are looking for some online tutorials on how to run Cadence, then start at these place.
Google is your best friend.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back