Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between DLL and OCX

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahrol_hisham

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dll and ocx

can any body give a difrence between this two. And how to create each for using in programming.

Re: dll and ocx

Dll stands for Dynamic link library, contains methods and procedures but not the GUI.

OCX are COM Components, contains GUI as well as methods and properties etc. OCX are reuseable components...

How to creat ocx I refer this web link to you.. 8)
**broken link removed**

and for dll I will not refer this link... :D
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/vbcon98/html/vbconcreatingoledllserver.asp

Re: dll and ocx

dani said:
Dll stands for Dynamic link library, contains methods and procedures but not the GUI....
well, I think it's possible to do so, you can store a "custom resource" inside a dll, provided that you know how the PE-file format works. I've seen people doing this. Also, I've done it for storing a custom string (it's binary). Due to this fact, you cal "virtually" store anything you want inside the DLL. AFAIK, DLL is just another PE file. PE = Portable Executable

dll and ocx

hi,
a dll is used to contain exported function, exported classes, and com objects, and i has to be registered only if u have com objects,
activeX house com objects and hence needs to be always registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back