Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The basic concepts of ISDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiyan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Isdn

i wnatto know about isdn although i have read alot but i wantto develop it's baasic concepts.

Re: Isdn

Abbreviation of integrated services digital network, an international communications standard for sending voice, video, and data over digital telephone lines or normal telephone wires. ISDN supports data transfer rates of 64 Kbps (64,000 bits per second).

There are two types of ISDN:

* Basic Rate Interface (BRI) -- consists of two 64-Kbps B-channels and one D-channel for transmitting control information.
* Primary Rate Interface (PRI) -- consists of 23 B-channels and one D-channel (U.S.) or 30 B-channels and one D-channel (Europe).

The original version of ISDN employs baseband transmission. Another version, called B-ISDN, uses broadband transmission and is able to support transmission rates of 1.5 Mbps. B-ISDN requires fiber optic cables and is not widely available.

Thanks ziyas .i already know it wantto sure Thanks again

you can refer data communication and networking by Behrouz forouzan second edition TMH publications..ofcourse i attached some ppt files for your cross reference...use it..use above mentioned book for understanding..since i don't have soft copy, i couldn't upload it..

hiyan said:
i wnatto know about isdn although i have read alot but i wantto develop it's baasic concepts.

Check out the basics abt ISDN - integrated services digital network ....

Check out the data rate information here ....

Details in short abt ISDN services are here ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back