Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the bandwidth of LA(limiting amplifier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjiao3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, friends, I have some doubts in the decision of the bandwidth of the LA (limiting amplifier). I've been told that 0.8 times of data speed is enough, a higher bandwidth will introduce more nosie. However, I also read in some books and paper that 1.0 to 1.2 times of data speed is the standard. So, which one is right? And are there any standards?

Operating from a single 3.3V supply, the MAX3274 features a 10mV input sensitivity while consuming less than 260mW. The limiting amplifier provides a bandwidth of 1.7GHz for 2Gbps operation and 890MHz for 1Gbps operation.
Quoted from:
**broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

Dear IanP, do you mean that the requirement of bandwidth can vary according to the system arrangement? For example, with a 4-order Bessel filter, 0.8 times of data speed would also be enough, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back