Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TFT-LCD interfacing with AT91SAM7S64

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunal_299

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ili9320 rgb-interface code

Hi to all!
I have 240x320 TFT-LCD with RGB pattern, 18 bpp(bits per pixel). 262K color.
and AT91SAM7s64 as ARM controller.
The LCd has standard conrol signals like : HSYNC, VSYNC, MAINCLK, ENABLE and 18 Datalines for RGB control of a pixel (6 bit for each color).

Upto now i have basic concept of this signals to get LCD interfaced with microcontroller that is : VSYNC is used for reset the frame, HSYNC for changing the row of pixel and MAINCLK sequences the column on its every pulse.
RGB data gets latched on each MAINCLK pulse with ENABLE active.

But I don't have idea how to write souce code for sending character or symbol to the LCD.
Does anybody can give me any resource on this issue?
Best Regards!

My another confusion is:
If I want to change a single character of one line written in LCD screen, then Does i need to refresh whole frame or only the location of the particular character ?

Thanxs!

Hi again !
If LCD module has parallel TTL RGB interface , Pls tell me, then is it compulsary to use LCD controller chips or i can directly interface LCD module with micrcontroller such AT91sam7s64 ?
Thanx!

Hi,

You could use SED1330 or SED1335 as lcd controller, or emulate their function using ARM

regards

You Can Use Any External LCD Controller like ILI9320 to ease the design.

Initlially to start with there is lot of software to generate a perticuler character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back