Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tetramax Clock Rule Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampham04

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to generate test patterns for a finite state machine through Tetramax with and without a scan chain. I was able to do it after inserting the scan chain, but when I try to do it without the scan chain I get a warning when I perform the DRC.

The warning I get is: Warning: Rule C2 (unstable nonscan DFF when clocks off) was violated 3 times.

When I report the violations I get: Warning: Clock PIs off did not force off clock input 1 of nonscan DFF \state_reg[0]/p_dregclear0 (31). (C2-1).

Can anyone tell me how can I fix this, please?

Thank You!!

I meet the problem today, I think it's reset related, while previous DFF(this DFF use original reset for example) output (the DFF output Q is dffoutRESET) as many other DFF's reset, this will cause insert scan failed.

so I add a MUX like assign generateRESET= SCANMODE? orignalRESETt: dffoutRESET; but this still can't solve this problem, I am debuging, somebody
give some way?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back